The primary role of the Business Development Officer is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop the business in different ways including upWork, Fiverr etc. And they must know how to deal with Upwork and Fiverr kind of websites. While the exact responsibilities will vary from company to company, the main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarized as follows:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Should know about IT industry and knows how to deal with the websites like Upwork, Fiverr etc.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, marketing, finance, business administration or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a business role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Top-notch analytical skills — you must have an eye for detail!
- Familiarity with relevant websites such as Upwork, Fiverr.
- Creatively-minded, good at thinking ‘outside the box’
- Skills of persuasion
- Computer skills